[Pgpool-general] unexpected EOF on client connection

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Sep 13 00:14:41 UTC 2011

> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 4:16 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
>>> Yes, all connections defined in pool_hba.conf are trust auth.
>>> However, I also have
>>> health_check_period = 0
>>> in pgpool.conf, so I'd assume that no health checks are being performed?
>>
>> Have you changed child_life_time or something from defaults? I would
>> like to take a look at your pgpool.conf.
>
> Nope, I'm using the default of 300.  Anyway, pgpool.conf attached.
> Thanks for looking at this.

I couldn't find anything possibly related to your problem at a first
grance(in theory client_idle_limit and authentication_timeout are not
related but you might want to change them to see anything could be
changed).

Do you have anything between pgpool and PostgreSQL? It has been
reported that some firewall hardware/software kills TCP connections if
they are idle for n seconds.