[Pgpool-general] pgpool thinks a backend is down even though its not

Lonni J Friedman netllama at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 17:14:25 UTC 2011

Greetings,
I've got a 3 node postgresql-9.0.4 cluster (1 master, two standby, all
running on Linux-x86_64.  I had a hardware problem on one of the
standby's, and had to bring it down to swap out the bad HW.  I got it
synced back up with the mater successfully, and I can successfully
manually run SQL queries from the pgpool server to the standby.
However, pgpool is convinced that the standby is still down:
read_status_file: 1 th backend is set to down status

I'm confused how its making this determination, or how to fix it,
especially since I've set:
health_check_period = 0

Help?!