[Pgpool-general] unexpected EOF on client connection

Lonni J Friedman netllama at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 01:44:56 UTC 2011

Greetings,
I just deployed a postgresql-9.0.4 cluster (1 master, 2 hot
standby's), with pgpool-II-3.0.4 (all running on Linux-x86_64
servers).  I'm currently only using pgpool for load balancing, and its
working fine.  However, I'm see tons (dozens every minute) of the
following in my postgresql server logs:
LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection

This was not happening prior to setting up pgpool, so I'm currently
working with the assumption that something in pgpool's load balancing
might be causing it.  Is this a known issue?  If not, how can I debug
this further?

thanks!