[Pgpool-general] pgpool-II 3.0.5 released

Toshihiro Kitagawa kitagawa at sraoss.co.jp
Mon Oct 31 11:14:57 UTC 2011

On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 19:40:40 +0900
Nozomi Anzai <anzai at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> pgpool Global Development Group is pleased to announce the availability
> of pgpool-II 3.0.5, the latest stable version of pgpool-II 3.0 series.
>
> This version fixes various bugs since 3.0.4.

We forgot to write an important change.

* Incompatible change

- Change the lock method of insert_lock. The previous insert_lock uses
  row locking against the sequence relation, but the current one uses
  row locking against pgpool_catalog.insert_lock table. The reason is
  that PostgreSQL core developers decided to disallow row locking
  against the sequence relation to avoid an internal error which it
  leads. So creating insert_lock table in all databases which are
  accessed via pgpool-II beforehand is required. If does not exist
  insert_lock table, pgpool-II locks the insert target table. This
  behavior is same as pgpool-II 2.2 and 2.3 series. If you want to use
  insert_lock which is compatible with older releases, you can specify
  lock method by configure options: --enable-sequence-lock,
  --enable-table-lock(Kitagawa)