[Pgpool-general] Can't see new tables in pgpool

Jo Cook jocook at astuntechnology.com
Tue Oct 25 14:41:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have set up the latest version of pgpool on an Ubuntu server running
postgresql 9.0, with two other ubuntu servers, also running postgresql 9.0,
in streaming replication mode.

The replication part is fine- changes propagate through to the standby
server. Pgpool can see both servers, and seems to be fine as well, and I can
connect to the databases through pgpool and see all the tables that were
present before pgpool was installed.

However, if I connect to pgpool as anything other than the postgres
superuser, any new tables created since pgpool was installed, don't show up,
even though I can see them (as a non-superuser) if I connect directly to the
primary or secondary server. I have checked basic permissions and have
restarted pgpool.

I don't understand if this is a permissions issue or some sort of cached
connection problem but I've looked at all the settings in pgpool.conf to do
with caches and can't see a problem.

I'm quite new to pgpool (this is the first time I've set it up on a
production server) so there may be something very basic that I'm missing,
but please help!

Thanks

Jo

--
***Jo Cook*
Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18

See our customer commendations and
awards<http://astuntechnology.com/customers/awards-and-commendations/>

864201149.