[Pgpool-general] What is recomended strategy for avoiding pgpool SPOF

Аnton Тeihrib teihrib at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 11:00:59 UTC 2011

Hi all!
Thanks a lot for pgpool, it's really nice tool.
But I'm a bit confusing about how can I avoid SPOF of pgpool?
In presentations I saw the solution of making 2 pgpool servers,
but how clients will determine to which server they should connect?
Also I think, that making 2 pgpool servers will bring the problem that:
one pgpool will think that master node is one data node, and another pgpool
may
think about another data node as master. Is it possible? And what should we
do in such case?
Best regards!