[Pgpool-general] Trouble with the JDBC drivers...

Bryan Varner bvarner at polarislabs.com
Fri Oct 21 14:09:54 UTC 2011

>> If the error is caused by the bug, it should be solved by
>> setting load_balance_mode to off.
>
> One of the main drivers for us to use pgpool is to distribute the load
> for read transactions across our database nodes. If I turn off
> load_balance, doesn't pgpool stop sending selects to standby nodes?

Turning off load_balance mode certainly did make things work better, but
without load-balancing selects to the standby nodes, the only real value
I get from pgpool is failover & promotion in master_slave, which I
already have implemented using other means.

If I could get master_slave && load_balance working with the JDBC
drivers, this would be an incredible tool to have.

Has anyone put much thought into if this is even feasible? Is there
anyone working on this? What can I do to help?

Regards,
-Bryan Varner