[Pgpool-general] Problem when installing Pgpool-II

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Oct 19 15:01:19 UTC 2011

> On Wed, 2011-10-19 at 23:15 +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> You should put /opt/pgsql/bin in your command search path.
>
> Why does --with-pgsql not picking up pg_config? It sounded a bit weird
> to me to add pg_config under $PATH. It's configure's job to pick it up.

Why? Even if configure picks up pg_config which is not in the command
search path, subsequent make of pgpool-regclass will fail because of
this anyway:

PGXS = $(shell pg_config --pgxs)

This is same as contrib Makefile of PostgreSQL(from PostgreSQL 9.0.5's
pgbench Makefile).

PG_CONFIG = pg_config
PGXS := $(shell $(PG_CONFIG) --pgxs)