[Pgpool-general] PGpool not pooling...

Armin Nesiren armin.nesiren at intera.si
Wed Oct 12 18:39:04 UTC 2011

If you want to test it with same connection parameters, make one big pool
num_init_children = 96
max_pool = 1
(supposing that you have max_connection on 100 (while 4 reserved for
superuser))

With this configuration you can start pgbench with -c 96 :)

max_pool * num_init_children <= max_connection -
superuser_reserved_connection

maximum connections + max_pool*num_init_children <= (max_connections -
superuser_reserved_connections) (no query canceling needed)

--
Armin