[Pgpool-general] How to configure pgpool for pool conexions..

Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com Daniel.Crespo at l-3com.com
Thu Oct 6 22:01:49 UTC 2011

First, check that you can connect to the database by doing:
psql -U postgres -h localhost -p 5432
(assuming proper postgresql.conf entries, like -> listen_addresses =
'*')

If it succeeds, then, in pgpool.conf, check that backend_hostname0 is
pointing to where the database is. If it's localhost, the following
should most likely be in your pgpool configuration:
backend_hostname0 = 'localhost'
backend_port0 = 5432
backend_weight0 = 0
backend_data_directory0 = '/var/lib/pgsql/9.0/data'

Restart pgpool and try again connecting to the database through pgpool
by doing:
psql -U postgres -p 9999

If it doesn't work. Stop pgpool, and run it with debug output by doing
the following as root:

pgpool -n -d

It should tell you that it cannot connect to backend0 for a reason. Then
come back and show us your findings.

-Daniel