[Pgpool-general] pgpool-II 3.0.5 released

Sandeep Thakkar sandeeptt at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 10:01:23 UTC 2011

Thanks. I was just seeing the changelog and found that the following enhancement in 3.1 is not available in 3.0.5

- Enhance online recovery in streaming replication mode. Now restarting pgpool-II children is avoided when recovery finished. So existing sessions can be continued while doing online recovery(Tatsuo)
If we decide to use version 3.1, then I see there are new directives added. For example,  backend_flag, follow_master_command, pcp_promte_node_command. Infact, I tried using version 3.1 and used backend_flag and but not follow_master_command. and I see that failover does not work fine. Why do we have this directive when we already have "failover_command"?

Please help!