[Pgpool-general] Problem with pgpoolAdmin and pgpool 3.1

Lazaro Rubén García Martinez lgarciam at vnz.uci.cu
Thu Nov 10 15:50:47 UTC 2011

Hello everyone in the list, I have a doubt or a problem with pgpool and pgpoolAdmin V 3.1.

Firstly:

I have an user called pgpool in my postgres servers for permorf sr_check_user, health_check_user and recovery_user by pgpool-II.

In the one test, pgpool user has trust access in pg_hba.conf of postgresql like this:

host       all                                                          pgpool                                 10.13.4.202/32                                 trust

And pgpool.conf is  configured like this:

sr_check_user = 'pgpool'
sr_check_password = ''

health_check_user = 'pgpool'
health_check_password = ''

recovery_user = 'pgpool'
recovery_password = ''

And pgpolAdmin shows this report:

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CC9F37.6E388FC0]

In the second test:

pgpool user has md5 access in pg_hba.conf of postgresql like this:

host       all                                                          pgpool                                 10.13.4.202/32                                 md5

And pgpool.conf is  configured like this:

sr_check_user = 'pgpool'
sr_check_password = 'pgpool'

health_check_user = 'pgpool'
health_check_password = 'pgpool'

recovery_user = 'pgpool'
recovery_password = 'pgpool'

And pgpolAdmin shows this report:

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CC9F37.6E388FC0]

Why in the first configuration test, I can see the information about primary and standby server and in the second test, this information is not shows??

Thank you very much everyone for your time.

Regards.