[Pgpool-general] Should I configure system_db_dbname parameter while running in connection pooling mode?

Gnanakumar gnanam at zoniac.com
Thu Nov 10 06:11:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

We're running PostgreSQL 8.2.22 and pgpool-II-2.0.1.  In our case, pgpool is
solely used for connection pooling purpose and we're not using other
features of pgpool like replication, load balance, parallel query, etc.

My question is, my understanding is that the following parameters are not
applicable/not required to configure while running in connection pooling
mode.  Am I correct?  Additionally, it would also be useful, if somebody can
explain the functionality of these parameters and in which mode of pgpool
feature is this required.

# system DB info
system_db_hostname = '127.0.0.1'
system_db_port = 5432
system_db_dbname = 'pgpool'
system_db_schema = 'pgpool_catalog'
system_db_user = 'pgpool'
system_db_password = ''

Is there any pgpool doc/link/resource that lists *only* parameters required
to configure (so that I can just ignore/no need to unnecessarily worry about
other parameters) pgpool in connection pooling mode?

Regards,
Gnanam