[Pgpool-general] one of backends kicked after "VACUUM ANALYZE"

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri May 20 12:20:57 UTC 2011

On 14.05.2011 13:19, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> On 14.05.2011 11:13, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>>> This is repeated asked question. See discussion:
>>> http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pgpool-general/2011-February/003460.html
>>>
>>> Bottom line is, "you should not execute VACUUM via pgpool. Connect
>>> PostgreSQL directry and execute VACUUM".
>>
>> Thank you.
>
> You are welcome.
>
>> Are there any other commands which should not be executed through
>> pgpool? For example, is REINDEX TABLE safe to execute through pgpool?
>
> pg_dump/pg_dumpall. REINDEX is safe.

Unfortunately, it died for me during REINDEX:

ERROR:  kind mismatch among backends. Possible last query was: "REINDEX TABLE core_multistats;" kind details are: 0[E: deadlock detected] 1[C]
HINT:  check data consistency among db nodes
	before or while processing the request.
connection to server was lost

So after all, looks REINDEX is also not so safe?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org