[Pgpool-general] failover question

Gary Fu gfu at sigmaspace.com
Mon May 2 15:26:05 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm running pgpool2 3.0.1 with replication mode on two postgresql 9.0.4
db servers (updated from 8.4.4).  I have the 'replicate_select' and
'replication_stop_on_mismatch' both set to 'true'.
I just noticed that under psql, if I cancel a long select sql (before
any output displayed), I'll get the following message and the pgpool
failed over.  I don't recall this happened with 8.4.4.  Can anyone
explain why and how to avoid this ?

[sd3ops1.ops1_admin].sd3ops1> select * from file;
Cancel request sent
ERROR:  kind mismatch among backends. Possible last query was: "select *
from file;" kind details are: 0[E: canceling statement due to user
request] 1[D]
HINT:  check data consistency among db nodes
         before or while processing the request.
The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.

Thanks,
Gary