[Pgpool-general] Is pgpool-II v.2.0.1 compatible with PostgreSQL v9.0.3?

Gnanakumar gnanam at zoniac.com
Wed Mar 23 09:39:11 UTC 2011

Any ideas/opinion on the following?

-----Original Message-----
From: pgpool-general-bounces at pgfoundry.org
[mailto:pgpool-general-bounces at pgfoundry.org] On Behalf Of Gnanakumar
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2011 11:43 AM
To: 'Guillaume Lelarge'
Cc: pgpool-general at pgfoundry.org
Subject: Re: [Pgpool-general] Is pgpool-II v.2.0.1 compatible with
PostgreSQL v9.0.3?

>> Our production server is running PostgreSQL v8.2.3 and pgpool-II-v2.0.1.
>>
>> We're planning to upgrade PostgreSQL to the latest version 9.0.3.  My
>> question is, is it possible/compatible to run pgpool-II v.2.0.1 with
>> PostgreSQL v9.0.3?
>>

> Don't know honestly, but I wonder why you would use such a old release
> of pgpool with the latest release of PostgreSQL.

Well, reason for asking this question is the following:

Instead of taking up both upgrades at one time, we're just
assessing/determining whether pgpool upgrade can be taken up at later point
of time.   In our application case, for PostgreSQL upgrade itself has its
own set of work & effort like upgrading its dependent libraries (jdbc
driver, npgsql .net data provider), tuning postgresql.conf, making sure
existing PostgreSQL functions written doesn't break, complete testing of our
application, etc.  Hence, we're seeing whether pgpool upgrade can be taken
up later, but not at the time of upgrading PostgreSQL.

Any ideas/opinion?