[Pgpool-general] hash index - does not work from slave.

Simon Riggs simon at 2ndQuadrant.com
Tue Mar 22 15:48:05 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume at lelarge.info> wrote:
> Le 22/03/2011 15:25, Armin Nesiren a écrit :
>> I have problem reading from slave node values that is indexed with hash
>>
>> Does pgpool replicate hash indexes? Is there any special configuration for
>> hash index?
>>

> If you use pgpool replication system, you should have no issue with hash
> index (or any other kind of index).
>
> The only replication system that has issue with hash index, AFAIK, is
> the wal shipping of PostgreSQL.

Hash indexes aren't crash safe, meaning they become corrupt if the
database crashes or someone does an immediate shutdown.

You shouldn't be mixing high availability and hash indexes, whatever
the weather.