[Pgpool-general] https://docs.google.com/drawings/edit?id=1XPq7uYSRZzlSVooqK3Js7WxUT4hJ_2C0JiHcuIrFhlw&hl=en

Rob Shepherd rs at datacymru.net
Fri Mar 4 11:28:25 UTC 2011

On 04/03/2011 03:37, detorresrc wrote:
> I'm playing with pgpoolII is this possible? Please see link at my subject area.
> Thanks.

No, by loadbalancing at the first tier of Pgpool each of the lower
masters will receive only ~half the INSERT/UPDATE

So each of the lower groups will contain half a dataset.

To make this scenario work, you will need to have pgpool-II perform
parallel UPDATE/INSERT to each group (multi master mode)
and the lower groups will have single master & streaming replica slaves.

Why the extra level of indirection?

Rb

--
Rob Shepherd BEng PhD - Director / Senior Engineer - DataCymru Ltd