[Pgpool-general] pgpool-II working but not balancing load?

Tom Spivey tom at spivey.de
Thu Mar 3 10:21:51 UTC 2011

Rolf Dybdal <rolf.dybdal at ...> writes:

> ---Thanks Tom,  I have checked my settings, and they are indeed as you point
out. According to the postgres logs, databases are in sync, but I get an error
when i run pg_current_xlog_location() on the standby. > the error is; "WAL
control functions cannot be executed during recovery" which makes me wonder if
the databases are NOT in sync after all.Looks like I may have to start looking
at the replication process, even if that looks and works ok in all other
tests.Have anyone gotten and solved the "WAL control functions cannot be
executed during recovery" issue?ThanksRolf

Rolf, please check your postgresql.conf

# important settings on the Standby in postgresql.conf # archive_mode = on
      # allows archiving to be done - I don't use archiving at the moment
hot_standby = on                   # "on" allows queries during recovery

# important settings on the Master in postgresql.conf wal_level = hot_standby

Cheers, Tom