[Pgpool-general] Issue w. PID file and Bind Address

Marcos Ortiz mlortiz at uci.cu
Tue Jun 28 17:58:11 UTC 2011

Well, PgPool-II by default uses the port 9999 for connection handling
and 9898 for administration tasks. So, I suggest you that use these ports.
Remember that the owner of the directory where is located the pgpool.pid
is the postgres user.
I suggest you that you make a directory inside /var/run/ named pgpool
and then change the owner to postgres:
mkdir /var/run/pgpool
chown postgres /var/run/pgpool/

Then you must replace the /etc/init.d/pgpool2 init script the line that
says:
PIDFILE=/var/run/pgpool.pid
by
PIDFILE=/var/run/pgpool/pgpool.pid

and the last suggestion that I can offer you is to create a specific
directory for PgPool's logs:
mkdir var/log/pgpool
chown postgres /var/log/pgpool

and you must change the log_directory flag on he pgpool.conf file.

What O.S are you using?
Regards