[Pgpool-general] PGpool tuning to improve performance

Lazaro Rubén García Martinez lgarciam at vnz.uci.cu
Tue Jun 28 13:51:40 UTC 2011

As I know, Pgpool-II only balances the queries among backends, When a client connect to pgpool, Pgpool gives to client a sesion in that all select queries works, and it session is obtained by the parameters backend_weigh in pgpool.conf, with these parameters you can send more load to one server. If you need improve the performance of your queries, I recommend you to tuning your servers. Remember that pgpool is a program that intercepts every SQL query and sends it to one or all servers.

Regards.