[Pgpool-general] Online Recovery Question

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Thu Jun 16 15:33:35 UTC 2011

On 16.06.2011 17:29, A W wrote:
> Thank you, Tatsuo and Tomasz, I appreciate your input, and the caveat
> about the status. Just to satisfy my curiosity, would running
> pcp_attach_node after startup be another acceptable solution to the
> status problem?

I don't think so.

I.e. imagine an application which tries to connect/write all the time.

If pgpool starts and the application connects/writes before you start
pcp_attach_node, you will have problems (even if time before starting
pgpool and pcp_attach_node may seem short, the application may still be
able to write to pgpool).

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org