[Pgpool-general] In load-balancing / master-slave / streaming replication mode, PSQLException 'portal "" does not exist' is thrown

David Hartveld david.hartveld at mendix.com
Fri Jul 15 14:22:56 UTC 2011

Op 15-07-11 15:46, Marcos Ortiz schreef:
> I saw a unique error on the log:
> Jul 15 10:37:27 pg-mx-srv pgpool: 2011-07-15 10:37:27 ERROR: pid 23970:
> pool_init_pool_passwd: couldn't open /etc/pgpool2/pool_passwd. reason:
> Permission denied
>
> Which are the permissions of this file on your system?
> Which is the log directory and its permissions?

I believe this to be irrelevant to my original problem, because in my
experimentation setup, I trust all clients.

> Are you using JDBC for establish the connection with your Java application?

Yes.

> You should read the pgpool's resctrictions with JDBC because, this
> driver uses PREPARED STATEMENT and it is not supported yet by the
> middleware.

I just checked the docs[1] and read that prepared statements are only
unsupported in parallel mode (search for 'prepared'), so this shouldn't
be a problem, right? In fact, the application ran successfully for some
time, before the PSQLException was thrown while executing a regular
SELECT statement.

Any other thoughts?
David

[1] http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/pgpool-II/doc/pgpool-en.html