[Pgpool-general] In load-balancing / master-slave / streaming replication mode, PSQLException 'portal "" does not exist' is thrown

David Hartveld david.hartveld at mendix.com
Thu Jul 14 16:23:28 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm experimenting with PGPool2 v3.0.4 in load-balancing master-slave
mode with streaming replication, with two slaves. I'm running a java
application, and once in a while a PSQLException with the message
'org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: portal "" does not exist' is
thrown when executing a statement. I was wondering whether this is a
known problem - I regularly run into it when using multiple (test)
clients to connect to the server.

I've attached the pgpool conf file I'm using. If more information is
needed to diagnose this problem, I can provide it.

Thanks,
David Hartveld