[Pgpool-general] PgPool logging

Guillaume Lelarge guillaume at lelarge.info
Tue Jul 5 11:51:07 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 10:53 +0200, Mario Splivalo wrote:
> I have set up logdir in pgpool.conf, but no logging ever takes place
> there. It seem that the only way pgpool is logging stuff is to stdout
> (where I can redirect it to file, pipe it to logger process, etc).
> I even set debug to 1 in .conf file, no gain.
>
> Am I missing something here?

Yes, logdir doesn't allow you to set up the logging directory, but the
directory that will hold the pgpool_status file.

You don't have much possibility on pgpool 3.0 regarding the log. Either
you send them to syslog, or you send them to stderr.

3.1 will be better for this.

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info