[Pgpool-general] How to auto reattach a node

Erwan ebs at antelink.com
Mon Jul 4 07:56:55 UTC 2011

Hi there,

I have the following use case:
Sometimes I have little timeouts on my network and pgpool-II detaches
the node which is no more reachable (the state is equal to 3).
I wonder if it was possible to reattach "auto-magically" this node when
there is no more timeout?

I imagine the health check is a solution to do that but I have several
tiny dumb questions about this check:
- how the check is done? Because we have to specify a user but no
password... I imagine I also have to change the pg_hba.conf file
- does it allow pgpool-II to reattach a detached backend?

Thanks in advance!
Cheers,
/Erwan