[Pgpool-general] stopping/adding a node causes pgpool to return error to all running sqls

ilias seperis ilisepe1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 2 21:51:21 UTC 2011

Hello again,

Thanks for the info.
Just out of curiosity, I had a quick look into the source code and noticed that the status of nodes are kept in "Req_info" (shm).
Since all forked pgpools can access this shm, why you need to restart them?
(I don't mean to judge you or anything, obviously there is a reason. I was just wondering what would that be.)
I know that this is beyond the scope of this list, so please forgive me:)

Thanks
ilias