[Pgpool-general] replication/failover feature in Master/Slave mode

Sandeep Thakkar sandeeptt at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 12:23:11 UTC 2011

 Yes, user has valid permissions to create a file.

The file is not getting created. I do not see anything related to failover in
pgpool log. I have started the pgpool using debug option. I guess, failover
command is not getting executed. All I can see in the standby server log is
this:
FATAL:  could not connect to the primary server: could not connect to server:
Connection refused
                Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting
                TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

When I manually create trigger file, then failover starts.