[Pgpool-general] pcp_recovery_node

Armin Nesiren armin.nesiren at intera.si
Thu Jan 20 17:09:01 UTC 2011

Hi to everyone,

I'm having problem with pcp_recovery_node.
I have 3 computer architecture. One computer is with installed pg_pool, and
two other are nodes.
Pg_pool version installed is 3.0.1, and postgres is 9.0.2
I have streaming replication configured.

I'm trying to setup automatic recovery of nodes.
I set one server to be master, and other slave (read only connection).
When primary fails, slave is being used as a master and this transition from
one
node to another is automatic and everything works great.
But, when I execute pcp_recovery_node command:

 pcp_recovery_node 20 localhost 9898 postgres <password> 0 -d

pgpool is trying to make my first node (one that I'm trying to recover)
as a master node, and everything went well except crating trigger file.

So, in log file there is no errors, failover.sh is not executed, and
node1 (just recovered node) is acting like it is master, but it is not
until I manually create trigger file.

Why pgpool is trying to make my just recovered node as master, and
not just bring it up and set it to act like slave. Can I configure this?

How can I know what action is provided by executing pcp_recovery_node?

I hope that I descibed my problem well.