[Pgpool-general] psql commands cause fail over

Gary Fu gfu at sigmaspace.com
Tue Jan 18 22:44:32 UTC 2011

  On 01/18/11 17:34, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>>   Yes, do you mean that I have to disable it ?
> Yes, if you want to avoid error when executing \d.
>
>> As far as I know, our
>>   application may fail over with it disabled.
> If you still have an error in spite of disabling replicate_select,
> please let me know details (pgpool.conf, pgpool-II version).

I think the problem is with the function with insert/update sqls in it,
if the replicate_select is off and I use 'select func_xxx()', then it
will only execute on the primary server, in this case, the insert/update
won't be performed on the secondary server and will cause failover later
on.

Any suggestion/solution on how to handle this situation ?

Thanks,
Gary