[Pgpool-general] Client application loses connection to pgpool during failover

Vanessa vpao at harris.com
Tue Jan 18 22:25:07 UTC 2011

Hello,
I have pgpool-II installed on one VM and I have PostgreSQL 9.0.2 installed on
two other VMs. pgpool is managing the two PostgreSQL servers as a cluster. I
also have a client application connected to pgpool. I notice when I bring down
the primary database and pgpool is in the process of promoting the secondary
node, that the client application loses connection with pgpool. the client
application re-establishes a connection to pgpool after a second attempt has
been made. Is there a way I can configure pgpool, and maybe the two PostgreSQL
servers, such that the client application maintains connection and the failover
is seamless to an end user?

Thank you,
Vanessa Pao