[Pgpool-general] Query regarding load balancing

Sandeep Thakkar sandeeptt at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 09:16:04 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm using PG9.0 and pgpool-3.0.1 and I have setup a master and a standby
servers. Standby server is configured for Hot Standby and Stream replication.
I'm using pgpool in Master/Slave mode with Load balancing mode on. I would like
to execute few queries using pgpool port and I would like to see which server
has served that query. I think, the read only queries should go to Standby and
Insert/Update and some others should go to the Master. But how do I confirm
this? I checked the server logs, but I did not find anything. In pgpool log, I
could see information like "wait_for_query_response", but I did not understand.

Please help. Thanks.