[Pgpool-general] pool_add_prepared_statement: prepared statement already exists

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Jan 13 05:50:33 UTC 2011

> --- On Tue, 11/1/11, Toshihiro Kitagawa <kitagawa at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
>> Glyn Astill <glynastill at yahoo.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > --- On Tue, 11/1/11, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp>

>> it still

>> > When I stop pgpool-II I get the following message:
>> >
>> > 2011-01-11 09:44:18 ERROR: pid 13462:
>> pool_init_pool_passwd: couldn't open
>> /usr/local/etc/pool_passwd. reason: Permission denied
>> > stop request sent to pgpool. waiting for
>> termination....done.
>> >
>> > This doesn't seem to cause a problem, so is it
>> expected behaviour?

>> prepared
>> still exists

>> with this

>> I think that change is not the cause of this issue.
>>
>> I found a bug that happen when "DEALLOCATE" by simple query
>> protocol
>> was sent after extended query protocol was sent.
>>
>> I created a temporary patch for V3_0_STABLE until next
>> version up.
>> Can you please try including patches?
>>

> I've applied both patches, but I'm not seeing any changes to either issue.
>
> I've attached an strace log where I've:

Ok, I checked the log and bottom line is, the error:

/usr/local/etc/pool_passwd. reason: Permission denied

is harmless. This just said pgpool tried to create pool_passwrd under
/usr/local/etc but failed because the directory does not allow pgpool
to create files. So you could either:

1) Ignore the error message

2) Change the directory permission of /usr/local/etc

3) Touch file /usr/local/etc/pool_passwd then change the file
   permission to allow pgpool to open with the file with writing