[Pgpool-general] pool_add_prepared_statement: prepared statement already exists

Toshihiro Kitagawa kitagawa at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Jan 11 11:22:43 UTC 2011

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:50:38 +0000 (GMT)
Glyn Astill <glynastill at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> --- On Tue, 11/1/11, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
>
> > > The previous error with the
> > pool_passwd appears to have gone on startup, but it still
> > appears when the server is stopped.
> >
> > Can you please explain more detail?
> >

> When I stop pgpool-II I get the following message:
>
> 2011-01-11 09:44:18 ERROR: pid 13462: pool_init_pool_passwd: couldn't open /usr/local/etc/pool_passwd. reason: Permission denied
> stop request sent to pgpool. waiting for termination....done.
>
> This doesn't seem to cause a problem, so is it expected behaviour?
>
> > > Also I'm seeing a problem where a namaed prepared
> > statement gets deallocated but pgpool thinks it still exists
> > when my app tries to recreate it.
> > >
> > > The output of the log is here:
> > >
> > > http://www.privatepaste.com/c3068423a3
> > >
> > > Was thinking it could be something to do with this
> > change? :
> > >
> > > http://pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pgpool-committers/2010-October/001507.html
> >
> > That change was made by Toshihiro. Toshihiro?

I think that change is not the cause of this issue.

I found a bug that happen when "DEALLOCATE" by simple query protocol
was sent after extended query protocol was sent.

I created a temporary patch for V3_0_STABLE until next version up.
Can you please try including patches?