[Pgpool-general] pool_add_prepared_statement: prepared statement already exists

Glyn Astill glynastill at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 11 09:50:38 UTC 2011

--- On Tue, 11/1/11, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> > The previous error with the
> pool_passwd appears to have gone on startup, but it still
> appears when the server is stopped.
>
> Can you please explain more detail?

When I stop pgpool-II I get the following message:

2011-01-11 09:44:18 ERROR: pid 13462: pool_init_pool_passwd: couldn't open /usr/local/etc/pool_passwd. reason: Permission denied
stop request sent to pgpool. waiting for termination....done.

This doesn't seem to cause a problem, so is it expected behaviour?

> > Also I'm seeing a problem where a namaed prepared
> statement gets deallocated but pgpool thinks it still exists
> when my app tries to recreate it.
> >
> > The output of the log is here:
> >
> > http://www.privatepaste.com/c3068423a3
> >
> > Was thinking it could be something to do with this
> change? :
> >
> > http://pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pgpool-committers/2010-October/001507.html
>
> That change was made by Toshihiro. Toshihiro?

I have tried to dig through this myself, however I hit a wall when trying to figure out what the differences are between a "portal" and a "prepared_statement" in the pgpool code.  My understanding from a purely postgres point of view is that portals are related to cursors, and I'm not sure how that applies to the prepared statements here.

Thanks for your help guys.
Glyn