[Pgpool-general] 3.0.1 and pool_passwd

Glyn Astill glynastill at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 6 14:51:21 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Just upgrading one of our pgpool instances to 3.0.1, however I'm seeing the following error in the logs on startup:

pid 23752: pool_init_pool_passwd: couldn't open /usr/local/etc/pool_passwd. reason: Permission denied

If I then connect in from a client then the backend segfaults.

I've seen the message with note of the patch at the url below, so I thought I'd compile from cvs - however I seem to be getting pgpool-II version 3.1.0-alpha1 (umiyameboshi).  Can I pull 3.0.1 from cvs, or is there a list of all fixes to 3.0.1 anywhere?

 http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pgpool-committers/2010-October/001521.html

Thanks guys
Glyn