[Pgpool-general] Error when installing pgpool-regclass: undefined symbol: LookupNamespaceNoError

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Thu Feb 24 02:56:13 UTC 2011

> The version 3.0.2 can never be used because this version has problems, use 3.0.3 or 3.0.1 version.

Correct.

However, the particular problem has not been detected and still
remains in 3.0.3. I will look into this.

In the mean time, you could omit the installation of
pgpool-regclass. Pgpool is smart enough to check if it has been
installed or not. The down side of not installing pgpool-regclass is,
if you have a plan to use schema qualified table names (for example
public.your_table). If you do not install the function, pgpool
neglects the schema name ("public" in this case) and might be confused
if you have same table name in other schema.