[Pgpool-general] Error when installing pgpool-regclass: undefined symbol: LookupNamespaceNoError

Peter Loron ploron at intrepidls.com
Wed Feb 23 22:26:48 UTC 2011

Hello. I'm working on installing pgpool-II 3.0.2 on an Ubuntu 10.04
server 64-bit machine. We're running Postgres 8.4. The compile and
install of pgpool itself went fine, as did the make/install of
pgpool_regclass. However, when I run the SQL command to activate the new
module, I get the error shown below.

Can anybody on the list shed some light on what is wrong?

Thanks!

ploron at coho:~/pgpool-II-3.0.2/sql/pgpool-regclass$ psql
--username=postgres -f pgpool-regclass.sql template1
psql:pgpool-regclass.sql:4: ERROR:  could not load library
"/usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/lib/pgpool-regclass.so":
/usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/lib/pgpool-regclass.so: undefined symbol:
LookupNamespaceNoError