[Pgpool-general] pcp authentification doesn't work

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Feb 22 23:29:00 UTC 2011

> mickael at PTI2:~$ pcp_node_count 10 localhost 9898 postgres1 pgpoolAdmin
> AuthorizationError
>
> is it possible that i'm configuring the wrong file ? but with pgpoolAdmin I
> can connect to the administration page. So why the pcp command it doesn't
> work ?
>
> + when I'm on the main page of pgpoolAdmin, I got :
>
> Error Code e1002  Error Message pcp_node_count command error occurred.
>
> Which means the same thing above, the pcp command doesn't work.....
>
> I don't understand (_(,

There is a process which is managing pcp commands:

23566 ?        S      0:02 pgpool: PCP: wait for connection request

The process is the work horse of PCP commands (pcp_* is just a client
interface for the process).

You would want to use strace to see what it is doing while processing
pcp_node_count request. You can do something like:

strace -p 23566