[Pgpool-general] pgpool-ha and pg9 Streaming replication issue

Yoshiharu Mori y-mori at sraoss.co.jp
Mon Feb 14 13:42:29 UTC 2011

Takatuka san

> pgpool-ha has no special features for HS/SR, but it will work.
>
> > > However pgpool does not like to promote the slave to primary in this
> > > case.
>
> Does it mean that pgpool does not start on Node1 ?
> Then it is a problem heartbeat config or pgpool-ha. check heartbeat log.

Wouter uses pgpool-II 3.1.0-alpha1.
Don't confuse by pgpool-II 3.0.1 and pgpool-II 3.1.0.

> 2011-02-01 16:48:05 LOG:   pid 7837: pgpool-II successfully started.
> version 3.1.0-alpha1 (umiyameboshi)

pgpool-ha + pgpool-II 3.0.1+HS/SR is working except handling pgpool_status,
but I think pgpool-ha + pgpool-II 3.1 (with new fearures) is not work as he reported.

It is necessary to discuss pgpool-HA and pgpool-II 3.1.

Yoshiharu Mori <y-mori at sraoss.co.jp>