[Pgpool-general] need help on the pgpool architecture

Micka mickamusset at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 16:31:45 UTC 2011

Thanks you very much for your tutorial, it helps me a lot to understand .

But I discovered that you use 3 server:

   1. Postgres database server on 10.0.0.34
   2. Postgres database server on 10.0.0.36
   3. pgpool server on 10.0.0.35

My question, is what happen if the "pgpool server" goes down ? it's not the
best configuration isn't it ?

I think that I'm going on this configuration :

   1. php server
   2. A: TomCat Server with : socket server A,  application A , database A,
   pgpool A
   3. B: Tomcat Server with:  socket server B, application B ( a backup to
   the application A ), database B, pgpool B ( to take the control if the
   Server A is down ).

I really need to have application A or B running at full time, and I can't
have the database not available !
My project is to receive data from phone( by socket connection ), insert the
data on the database, process the data, insert the new data in my database
and send the new data on the devices.

I plan to have a backup server ( B) if A goes down.

I'm not an expert in my project and i need some advise.

Thanks you !

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 3:20 PM, AI Rumman <rummandba at gmail.com> wrote:

> I used Postgresql 8.3. You may try it with Postgresql 9.
>
> On 2/8/11, Micka <mickamusset at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I would like to know if it is preferable to use postgreSQL 9 or
> Postgresql
> > 8.3.8 ?
> >
> > Postgresql 8.3.8 is described in the tutorial.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 1:19 PM, AI Rumman <rummandba at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I think this may help you;
> >>

> http://airumman.blogspot.com/2011/02/postgresql-failover-with-pgpool-ii.html