[Pgpool-general] 3.0.1 memory leaks?

Glyn Astill glynastill at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Feb 4 12:39:38 UTC 2011

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I deployed 3.0.1 to one of our connection pool servers, however the machine appears to have crashed after running out of memory.

I've just run a simple test here, with pgpool in raw mode. All I've done is write a program to connect, prepare, execute and deallocate a statement over and over in a loop.  The program has been running for about hour and the child pgpool process is using 600Mb of memory and increasing (see below).

Any ideas how to track this down?

Thanks
Glyn

Way5-pool:/var/log# cat /proc/2885/status
Name:   pgpool
State:  S (sleeping)
Tgid:   2885
Pid:    2885