[Pgpool-general] online recovery fails on HPUX

Sandeep Thakkar sandeeptt at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 09:14:05 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm using Postgres Plus Advanced Server on HP-UX 11.31 and found that the online recovery does not work here.

pgPool version is 3.0.3-4

$pcp_recovery_node  -d 20 localhost 9898 edb edb 1
DEBUG: send: tos="R", len=41
DEBUG: recv: tos="r", len=21, data=AuthenticationOK
DEBUG: send: tos="D", len=6
DEBUG: recv: tos="e", len=20, data=recovery failed
DEBUG: command failed. reason=recovery failed
BackendError
DEBUG: send: tos="X", len=4

I can see the following in the log:
LOG:  incomplete startup packet
LOG:  connection failed during start up processing: user= database=

Moreover, I do not see pgpool_recovery_node statement in the log, so wondering if it is really getting executed. I have tried my scripts on Linux and it worked all fine. So, there is no issue with the pgpool.conf or my basebackup and other files.. Could this be an issue of HPUX?

Thanks.