[Pgpool-general] Error with streaming/balancing / pgpool 3.0.4

Toshihiro Kitagawa kitagawa at sraoss.co.jp
Mon Aug 22 02:35:06 UTC 2011

Hello,

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 18:11:52 +0200
Olivier NOEL <nolivfr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> new problem :
>
> 2011-08-19 17:52:03 LOG:   pid 8968: find_primary_node:
> pgpool_walrecrunning does not exist
>
> 2011-08-19 18:01:25 LOG:   pid 8990: pool_send_and_wait: Error or
> notice message from backend: : DB node id: 1 backend pid: 10280
> statement:  message: cannot execute UPDATE in a read-only transaction
>
> Pgpool seems to send the DML queries to all the backends, instead of
> just the master. Is it normal ? Same config file as above.

It seems that you failed in installation of pgpool_walrecrunning().
pgpool_walrecrunning() is the function that is necessary to recognize
a primary node in pgpool-II 3.0.x.
You have to execute install-functions.sh again.
install-functions.sh can download from tutorial page.

--
Toshihiro Kitagawa
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan