[Pgpool-general] Partitioning mode not working

Fazool fazoolmein at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 19:02:21 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am trying to do create a partitioned database by following the
instructions given at
http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/pgpool-II/doc/pgpool-en.html and
http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/pgpool-II/doc/tutorial-en.html#parallel

I have created the distribution rule, to partition the accounts table
w.r.t aid (as in the example in the tutorial).
The problem is that when I perform an insert (on the accounts table),
the system replicates the row to all data nodes, instead of only
sending it to one data node. I confirmed this by doing a select * on
all data nodes. I have set replication_mode = false in pgpool.conf.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? Shouldn't the insert appear on
only the node responsible to store it according to the distribution
rule?

Thanks