[Pgpool-general] Two primary servers

Yan Chunlu springrider at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 05:39:53 UTC 2011

I remember in a ppt it says not using automatic failover, it is easily bring
up another primary when the network fluctuate.

If pgpool-II detects anything wrong on a node, it executes

failover.sh (or any script you configured)

A non-reachable node is not a down node sometimes

AVOID automatic failover. Prefer sending messages in

your failover.sh script to admins, Nagios or whatever

Anyway, the node won’t be used by pgpool-II... Yes, thats

problematic if it is the MASTER node that is down

I changed failover.sh to just send email notification instead of do the real
job.