[Pgpool-general] Test case for pgpool-regclass

Sandeep Thakkar sandeeptt at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 11:10:42 UTC 2011

Hi,

I just wanted to test the use of pgpool-regclass. I took the sources of
pgpool-II 3.0.3 and PG9.0. I did not install pgpool-regclass to check the
pgpoo-II's behaviour in case of missing pgpool-regclass.

Here, is what I did:
1. Created a table t1 in the public schema, and inserted some values in it.
2. Created a schema sch1 and created a table t1 in this schema, and inserted
some values in it.

Then, how I execute,

psql -p 9999 -c "select * from schema1.table1"

I thought, without regclass, this should fallback to :
psql -p 9999 -c "select * from table1"

But NO, I get the values from the table present in schema1. That means, it is
working fine.

I would like to know how do I test the pgpool-regclass.

Thanks for the help,
Sandeep