[Pgpool-general] Load Balance and failover

Dmytro Korochkin dkorochkin at cogniance.com
Thu Sep 30 13:14:59 UTC 2010

Hi,

We're trying to use pgpool 3.0 in front of 3 postgresql 8.3 db
servers. There're only read db requests goes through pgpool.
All db servers are equal, so my pgpool configuration is pretty standard:
replication_mode =  true
load_balance_mode = true
master_slave_mode = false

health_check_timeout = 40
health_check_period = 10

backend_hostname1 = '10.1.1.1
backend_port1 = 5432
backend_weight1 = 1

backend_hostname0 = '10.1.1.2'
backend_port0 = 5432
backend_weight0 = 1

When backend1 fails it is detected with health check and node is disabled.
But when it is back online, pgpool doesn't detect this, and I need
manually enable node through pcp_attach_node.
Is it possible to automatically enable node, when it is restored and
it is detected with health check?

Thanks in advance
--
Dmytro Korochkin