[Pgpool-general] Replication health check failed on 2nd node

Gary Fu gfu at sigmaspace.com
Wed Sep 29 17:56:28 UTC 2010

  On 09/28/10 19:19, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>> When I started the pgpool2 (version 3.0 on CentOS, with user
>> 'sd3ops1', not 'postgres') on a host different from the two db hosts,
>> I noticed that the log always failed on health_check on node 1 db with
>> the following message (without any client connection yet):
>>
>> health_check: 0 th DB node status:1
>> health_check: 1 th DB node status:3
>>
>> I tried to switch the db hosts and still got the same results.  I also
>> tried manually without problem to connect to each db.  Any solution
>> and/or suggestion on how to resolve the problem ?
> Maybe health_check_user is not appropreate or pg_hba.conf on the 1th DB
> does not accept connection from pgpool-II.
This may not be related, since as I mentioned when I switched the db hosts
in the pgpool.conf, I still got the same error on the 1th DB.
> What does it show if you run psql on the host where pgpool-II is running:
>
> psql -U (the username you specfied for health_check_user) -h (the host you have problem with) template1
I tried it with both DBs and they all ask for password.

I can still connect to the pgpool to do the query, but since 1th DB is
offline, I think it is from the 0th DB.

Any other suggestions to try to find out the problem ?

Thanks,
Gary