[Pgpool-general] Replication health check failed on 2nd node

Gary Fu gfu at sigmaspace.com
Tue Sep 28 15:08:04 UTC 2010

  Hi,

When I started the pgpool2 (version 3.0 on CentOS, with user 'sd3ops1',
not 'postgres') on a host different from the two db hosts, I noticed
that the log always failed on health_check on node 1 db with the
following message (without any client connection yet):

health_check: 0 th DB node status:1
health_check: 1 th DB node status:3

I tried to switch the db hosts and still got the same results.  I also
tried manually without problem to connect to each db.  Any solution
and/or suggestion on how to resolve the problem ?

Thanks,
Gary